Fields End Consulting Limited has extensive experience in assisting clients achieve compliance with DSEAR (Dangerous Substances and Explosive Atmospheres Regulations).
DSEAR is the UK implementation of two key EU directives: ATEX 137 and CAD (Chemical Agents Directive). Both directives are fundamental to the safety, health and welfare of workers and fall under the "Framework Directive" 89/391/EC.
The key requirements of DSEAR are listed below.
Employers must :
- Determine whether dangerous substances or flammable atmospheres are present in the workplace.
- Assess the risk associated with those materials.
- Eliminate or reduce that risk to tolerable levels.
- Classify work areas into zones.
- Mark hazardous areas with ATEX-approved signage.
- Verify the site explosion safety prior to first use.
- Provide suitable PPE to employees.
- Provide arrangements to handle incidents, accidents and emergencies.
- Provide information, instruction and training to employees.
- Mark, label or identify the hazardous contents of all containment systems.
- Provide a duty of co-ordination for all activities being carried out.
- To regularly review all safety procedures and systems.
Fields End Consulting Engineering Consultancy Limited can provide all services associated with DSEAR compliance. Our DSEAR and ATEX consultancy services are listed below:
- DSEAR gap analysis / verification audits.
- Hazardous area classification studies.
- Equipment inspection and auditing.
- Equipment specification
- Provision of key safety policies, procedures
- Explosion protection documents.
- DSEAR risk assessment.
Fields End Consulting can provide the expertise necessary with which to carry out the formal assessment of risk in your workplace in accordance with the requirements of DSEAR. It is essential that the client is involved in this process to ensure that a full assessment of all materials and activities is carried out. This inclusive method of assessment adds much value to the process as client personnel will become more knowledgeable in the requirements of DSEAR and their individual responsibilities under these regulations.
- DSEAR Training.
Fields End Consulting can provide a range of ATEX / DSEAR training courses to suit the individual requirements of each client. We can provide introductory courses from a half day through to detailed courses lasting several days. Courses can be provided at the venue of your choice.